Hello everyone! I am sorry for not updating this blog for a long time now. I want to inform you that I am now transferred at my official blog site at itsirenedayo.com. Please do tune up! Thank you so much!
Hello everyone! I am sorry for not updating this blog for a long time now. I want to inform you that I am now transferred at my official blog site at itsirenedayo.com. Please do tune up! Thank you so much!
Are you new to blogging, and do you want step-by-step guidance on how to publish and grow your blog? Learn more about our new Blogging for Beginners course and get 50% off through December 10th.
WordPress.com is excited to announce our newest offering: a course just for beginning bloggers where you’ll learn everything you need to know about blogging from the most trusted experts in the industry. We have helped millions of blogs get up and running, we know what works, and we want you to to know everything we know. This course provides all the fundamental skills and inspiration you need to get your blog started, an interactive community forum, and content updated annually.
Hello dear readers! This time, I am gonna tell you some things and do not mind me if this is too long because I am planning to construct a complex essay. Lol.
I hope all of you are doing fine with everything you do. For those who are still studying, I hope you take learning seriously and could have a breath somehow. For those who are still on their travels, wow, enjoy your life dears! Someone right here is so envious. And for those who are working, I am praying that you could still cope up despite the stress. You know, I know what you are feeling. I love my job very much and I cannot imagine myself doing other things than this but I am even just find myself so new (though I am already seven months old in this job) in my work that I have to still study everything so that I could complete everything PROPERLY in a day.
You are might thinking that I am once again storytelling about my job and everything, well don’t you worry. Instead, I just want to share my ways in surviving of having deadlines and pending tasks, and even problems at home or the stress in life, in general.
I believe it is not just me but most of us encounter hard and stressful times once or each day in our lives. Let me remind you that that is universal. It is not just you and me, but it is part of each one’s life to encounter and solve an equation of life. These might be and not limited to financial problems, marital misunderstandings, conflicts, failures in our plans, stress at our jobs or having a problem of relationships at home or in the workplace. These are just few things that discourage us to go on of the matter that we are into. Sometimes we just have to sit down in a corner and think, cry afterwards and even come up of ignoring what we are thinking already.
I am sure that each one of us has ways on how to temporarily relieve our stress. For several years of overcoming different forms of stress, I believe there are already a hundred and one lessons that we already kept in our mind and quotable quotes that we have always wanted to live by. These small ways, after all, are our means of survival. There are might be a lot of people who criticize us or question us for being in our way, but who cares? It’s us who are feeling the pain and stress.
Hence, the following are some of the points that I always ponder.
1. Doing your best in everything you do. I give my bet on this. I am in my ability that in everything I do, I give my best shot. However sometimes, my best is not enough. There are times I weep and cry because of even exerting the very best effort, I just fail. However, my mom is always telling me that things are not always of my control and I am not perfect. Even though I aim for perfection, she told me that circumstances just sometimes do not participate. As long as I did my best, that is already enough.
2. Coming up activities that could release all of your worries. There was a time in my life that I have worried a lot and it is the first time. It is during my 6th grade and I was competing for a regional feature writing competition. I was stressed and so pessimistic, thinking that I would never win. I cannot sleep at the headquarters, and even always nearing to tears. Hours before the awarding, I isolated myself from our group and went somewhere. I just walked and let my feet bring me somewhere. As minutes passed by, that I was away from the crowd, away from the place that brought me pressure, I became at peace. The moment I prayed, the praying was overwhelming. Though it is impossibly effective for some people but being alone sometimes could allow you to embrace the thought that you are forcing yourself into – that you will be fine and everything tough would soon be over.
Traveling is also a venue that would help you quiet your soul. This is the main reason that most people who has undergone intense and stressful situations would choose to travel. Basically, I am planning to have one soon once my assignments will be normalized. Please pray for me!
3. Going to church. Of course, if one needs to accomplish an important goal, he needs a lot of motivation and as for me, I can have it through going to church. I am not religious as the most religious person in the world but I am a believer. This is perhaps because I was raised on going to church twice a week that I have become this way. Even it is not a day for church service, I sometimes find myself entering the church to pray. Look at the things we do just to achieve peace in our hearts.
4. I have practiced a cool mood. During our Team Enhancement Activity, we took a personality quiz that determined our current behaviours and as well how we react to a certain stimuli. Apparently, I have three Blue strips which say that I am cool, a yellow strip and a green. Being cool means you just go with the flow. I realized it is so me. It was my weakness to initiate. At times, I am thinking of moving on other direction first but I don’t act it and instead, just follow the rules. In the future, I am hoping that I could be more of a green or yellow which are colors of being more initiative. For now, I am happy that I have this cool behaviour where I am much safer and stress-free. Perhaps, I am still in that stage and I am happy about it.
5. Being respectful to other people. In the same activity, one of the comments that I received is I am respectful (Well, thank you). This is maybe because of me being just cool and all. I do not force what I want because I am afraid that I might step to the other’s desires. I learned to weigh things and just end up paving way for other people. This is so me. What I am trying to say is that the same to enhancing or maintaining harmonious relationships in organizations (of any forms and sizes), there should be respect – it means giving respect to other’s privacy, their principles and practices, culture, beliefs and several others. I think that is the best way to avoid conflicts. We are humans embodied with rules of what is right and wrong but people are entitled to their own decisions, their acts, their words and how they live their life and we can never be in a place to question them, unless it extremely affects us and step over our ways as well. However, as long as we are just looking at them and they are looking at us and nothing touches us, then let it be. Sometimes, we want to show our care and concern for the person, we can express it once and we are just until that line; the rest – the decision is all theirs.
Respect begets respect. Times we encounter tough situations; one of the communication skills that truly work is through empathizing. Let us try to put ourselves to the shoes of others, then think what we want others would do for us if we are in that situations. Then, that is the time we realize the utmost right thing to do. Some of our problems are ones only caused by us. Let us be honest, we sometimes have this attitude of being determined in proving that we are the right and we can do everything. Let us take control on our acts through empathizing.
6. Lastly, in everything we do, let us be proactive. I am challenging myself to be that as well. I have learned that all of we are encountering could be solved, or if not, minimized if we are proactive. It is about thinking what should be done before responding. Certainly, being so is tough, but let us make it a habit. A speaker during our TEA said it takes 21 days for an activity to be a habit. 21 days is kinda years but hey, it didn’t even reach a month. Let us all learn to be proactive and we have 21 days to be it for the rest of our lives.
Guys, let us all live a beautiful life! Problems are always there, but remember we are all wiser than any problem this world has ever made.
It is very usual for us Filipinos to stuff ourselves with good food – most especially when we worked our butt so hard in the entire day. It seems that it is just the delicious barbeque that could relax our overused brain and tired body.
So, it is pretty much the main reason that at the end of the day, we find ourselves thinking where we could dine and eat the stress away.
Last night I joined the Blogger’s Night and Media Sneak Peek for Boy Zugba’s newest branch in Centrio Ayala Mall. Boy Zugba – Kusina Bisaya (Blogged here as well) is a Filipino-themed grill house that offers modern and casual counterpoint to traditional Kagay-anon home-cooked meals, catering premium food selection ranging from an array of grilled food items to meals we usually find in Cagayan de Oro karenderias or even at home. To simply say, Boy Zugba’s menu is full of offerings which people really love to it.
See below on the things I stuffed myself of, and what actually happened. If you follow me on IG, I posted some short video clips from last night.
Their specialty, “What’s you plan, leche flan?” (Witty again!)
Hi Boy Zugba! (Nasa likod nila Ate.)
Boy Zugba is as well famous on it’s Trivia Night every Tuesday, nighttime. And though it won’t be held at the new branch yet, our brains went drained once again for a trivia session was held on that blogger’s night.
I am so proud of my teammates for winning. I haven’t helped that much. Lol. Sorry.
Boy Zugba’s first branch is in Corrales Avenue, which originally introduced the food venue’s concept of mixing the past and present in dining – home cooking and Filipino street food. Boy Zugba is known for its witty, Bisaya food names such as Pisbol sa Corrales, Pansit sa Pulis and Sinuglaw de Cagayan, proving true to its form as a proud Kusina Bisaya food joint. Everyone’s all-time favourite Cheezzy Chorizo – one of Pinoy’s top choice is also available in Boy Zugba.
I also learned that soon, Boy Zugba will be launching new and innovative line of dishes such as Buko Pancit, Chika Chicharon, Binaki, Bistek Bisdak, Na-uyapan na Baboy and several others.
What I loved about Boy Zugba is its food is meant for sharing. Diners can avail a extra big platter of everything available in the place (Hello Boodle Fight).
TOMORROW, SEPTEMBER 18 is the big day! Boy Zugba – Centrio Ayala Mall Branch will be opening its doors to the public! If you’ll be going there (and I hope you could come because I am inviting you right now!), you can expect a large group of families and friends, laid-back atmosphere, and of course, comfortable and good food at an affordable rate.
So, see you tomorrow! Atung bisitahun ang ikaduhang balay ni Boy Zugba! It is located at the Third Floor of Centrio – Ayala Mall.
Cagayan de Oro City is known as the business hub of Northern Mindanao which means most of the working people in the region are employed here. However, for individuals whose home is outside the Oro vicinity, it has always been a challenge to where to stay comes situations that there is no other choice but to find somewhere to sleep for a night or two.
For the purpose of orienting you, speaking here is someone who is used of commuting from home to work. Though there are times I am attracted to just consistently stay at my cousin’s place after work (which is located at Iponan, by the way), I feel that it is much different to be just at home after an entire day of staring at the computer monitor. I do not know about you but as for me, going home to my loved ones just relieves all my stress and exhaustion.
Still, I have to admit that there are already countless of times that I find no other way to go home. It might be because our emergency meeting went beyond 9:00pm that it is not already safe to commute back home, or it might be raining hard or the traffic was stressfully heavy because of an accident somewhere. These are moments which always stress me times I encounter one. Thus, the safest way to go is to rent a place right in the heart of Cagayan de Oro and sleep the night away.
I am much happy to know that The Pacifico Boutique Hotel decided to treat its customers with a very exciting, mega discounted promo for both their standard and deluxe rooms.
Do you know that for only Php 1,499.00 (book and buy basis) and for a minimum of 2-night stay, guests can stay at The Pacifico CDO’s modern and spacious rooms? Plus, these rooms are equipped with 12-inch thick mattresses, bamboo silk sheets, blackout curtains, fast and free 100 Mbps wireless Internet, 40 inch wide screen cable TV, floor to ceiling view of the city and large bathrooms with hot and cold water running through rainshower heads. In addition to that, each room also comes with free breakfast for two.
Just a few steps away from CDO’s major tourist spots such as Divisoria, Duaw Park, St. Augustine Cathedral, Gaston Park and City Museum (including the exact location used to be the starting point of the 2016 Higalaay Festival Higalas parade of floats and icons during fiesta season), the Pacifico Boutique Hotel has an air-conditioned mezzanine where guests can comfortably watch the view outside.
This boutique hotel also consists the city’s only rooftop bar, the E-Bar. This is where visitors can have the best urban sunset view while listening to cool rhythms courtesy of their in-house artists and enjoy the numerous cocktails, wines and hors d’oeuvres.
As for non-CDO residents like me, working late (which I am an addict) or catching up with friends during the evenings will never be spoiled anymore for The Pacifico Boutique Hotel CDO is there to catch you when you fall (Hugot? Lol). The good thing is compared to other hotels, this boutique hotel is not a pain in the pocket and every cent spent worth the stay!
To avail of the promo rate, you may call 0917 864 4099 or 0998 549 3629 or simply like their official Facebook page: facebook.com/pacificohotelcdo.
The Pacifico Boutique Hotel is located at Velez corner – Fernandez Streets, Cagayan de Oro City.
Old school will always be cool. The comeback of trends from the 90’s —Pokémon, brown lipstick and Doc Martens boots — only shows it was the best era ever. It was also the golden age of Pinoy rock music.
And when you say Pinoy rock, the first band that comes to mind is the Eraserheads. Ely Buendia, Marcus Adoro, Raymund Marasigan, and Buddy Zabala are the four men behind the Eraserheads, one of the most important bands in the history of Pinoy rock music.
The last time the Eraserheads performed together on one stage was in 2009. Recently, Smart was able to bring them back together for a special private performance.
Individually, Ely, Marcus, Raymund, and Buddy are talented artists but together as the Eraserheads, they are legendary. Their time apart has only served to hone their talents and personalities. Other artists can perform Eraserheads songs well but no one can do “Magasin,” “Ang Huling El Bimbo,” Ligaya,” and “Pare Ko” like the original.
And as they say, “iba talaga ‘pag kumpleto.” Whether it is entertainment or anything else, people look for the whole package. In the same way, Smart’s prepaid call and text bundles are awesome, and its surf bundles equally so. But if you combine call, text and mobile internet, you have the most comprehensive prepaid deal ever.
Last August 19, the telco launched ALLOUTSURF 30, the first complete data, call and text, offer in the market. For Php 30, prepaid subscribers get 2 days of 300MB data with free access to Facebook, unlimited texts to all networks, and 30 minutes calls to Smart, TNT and Sun.
There is more.
“The All Out Surf campaign, like the Eraserheads’ performances, will show how being complete is always the best thing, whether it refers to a band or a promo. Seeing them together brings back so many memories and shows the power of being complete,” said Kathy C. Carag, Smart Mobile Business Head.
“Never miss out on anything that you’re passionate about, whether it’s your family members’ and friends’ posts on Facebook or browsing your favorite new websites. ALLOUTSURF 30 makes sure you’re connected when you need to be and don’t miss out on anything important,” she added.
Now, there’s no need to choose between call, text, and mobile data. You can have it all with ALLOUTSURF 30, the first promo offer to give subscribers what they want and need.
If you’ve just booked an Uber ride home and you need to call or text your driver, no problem. You can also check your email messages and social messaging apps. Information is just a click or a swipe away with ALLOUTSURF 30.
“Smart’s nationwide network makes sure you can keep in touch via call & text, and access the Internet for the things that matter like emails and online messages,” said Carag.
ALLOUTSURF 30 was created for today’s active digital users — from the student on a budget who always has to choose between two promos, or the young professional who always relies on Wi-Fi, to the grandma who loves to play Candy Crush and needs Facebook for “lives.”
For more information about ALLOUTSURF 30 and other promos, go to smart.com.ph/alloutsurf. To avail, text ALLOUT30 to 9999.
This is a press release from Smart Communications.
Let me share you today some photos during our short visit at the very nice Paseo de Santiago in Iligan City. It is so funny though that spite the fact that it was not part of our itinerary, it became the reason I enjoyed the travel. Big thanks to our Lanao del Norte information center manager, Ma’am Lorry and his assistant, Kuya Ange, for being so generous and accommodating. Our petiks selves are so happy I cannot even put my gratefulness in words.
We also rode on a Tartanilya. It only costs 25.00 per head, and that worth would tour you for two rounds inside the vicinity.
So windy. Lookit my hair! Hahaha.
This is what I love about traveling. I got to explore more about our region and its creativity, producing a rare kind of attractions. It is indeed more fun here in Mindanao!
It is once again the time of the year that this city celebrates another joyful season of celebrating the gold in friendship. Higalaay Festival is fast approaching. It is when visitors coming from other places – far and nearby alike – would choose to visit Cagayan de Oro.
And what’s the first and basic CDO would offer them is to get to know about the city itself. Might be encouraging them to purchase local products and produce, visit heritage spots or bringing them to Tatak CDO restaurants and introduce the delicious, savouring dishes that could be tasted ONLY in Cagayan de Oro.
It is overwhelming to learn though that Bigby’s Food Corporation has levelled up initiatives that would cater visitors with great food and unravel the Best of CDO. Just recently, they introduced that Best of CDO Food Tour, which aims to showcase the best of Cagayan de Oro food.
I am so fortunate that I was given the opportunity to experience its first ever leg, with my colleagues at CDO Bloggers.
In the food tour, we made food hops at Bigby’s in Centrio Mall, Missy Bon Bon near Limketkai Drive, Boy Zugba, and The Nest CDO within four hours and used “rela” (means of transpo famous in the city) as transportation.
We were also given passports where we will be pasting stamps of each restaurant once we get there.
1st Food Stop: Bigby’s Cafe and Restaurant
Branch: Centrio Mall
Bigby’s was first introduced in CDO in December 8, 1998 and now has 7 branches across the archipelago. The menu, the interior design and service style were created to position the concept midway between fine dining and fast-casual dining.
I tasted their signature dishes, CDO Sinuglaw and Rack-a-Bye-Baby. CDO Sinuglaw is the certified Bigby’s favourite. It is a “sinugbang baboy” and “isdang kilawin” recipe with a twist by adding “dilis” toppings, recognized by Urban Life Awards as one of the best Filipino dishes.
The other Rack-a-Bye-Baby is another Bigby’s favourite, a finger-licking goodness of premium cut smoky barbecued pork ribs.
Second Food Stop: Missy Bon Bon
Branch: Rosario Arcade, Limketkai Center (Flagship Store)
Missy Bon Bon Bread shop opened its kiosk in CDO in December 2009 launching its first line of breads and gelato. In April 2010, it opened its flagship store in Limketkai Center. Missy Bon Bon is a hip, cozy, and relaxed world-class bread shop serving healthy, natural, and freshly-made bread onsite with unique fusion interpretations of local bread products, gourmet comfort food and custom gelato mixes.
This is their signature dessert – Gelato. I tell you, it’s creamier, smoother and silkier than any ordinary ice cream.
Showing you the MBB Frozen Factory.
Famous also at Missy Bon Bon is their Pastel – A sweet filled bun that won the hearts of every Kagay-anons, now with 3 flavors Durian, Yema and Chocolate bun.
Third Food Stop: Boy Zugba Kusina Bisaya
Branch: Corrales Ave. – Ramon Chavez St., Cagayan de Oro
Boy Zugba Kusina Bisaya opened in Corrales Ave. – Ramon Chavez St., CDO in February 8, 2015. It serves the best Kagay-anon home-cooked meals that a city has to offer, but up scaled a bit to create a new dining experience. Boy Zugba boasts an array of grilled food items, as well as meals that we normally see in karenderias or eat at home.
On Tuesdays, 7PM is the Trivia Night and Fridays, 7PM is the TGIB or Tara Go It’s Beernes” with stand-up comedians and a guest band.
These are their signature dishes:
Last Food Stop: The Nest
Address: Corrales Ave. – Ramon Chavez St., Cagayan de Oro
Brands: Maison de Bonbon and Giuseppe Pizzeria & Sicilian Roast
The Nest is a sanctuary in the midst of the noisy, fast-paced, and bustling streets of Cagayan de Oro. Freshly opened, it brings the best of renowned European culinary masterpieces. It carries two brands: Maison de Bonbon and Giuseppe, both deliver the finest of French and Italian Sicilian cuisines.
The Nest embodies the best aspects of globalization by bringing the sumptuous food of Europe to the dining tables of the inherently sunny people of Cagayan de Oro, be it the families looking to bond through opulently-served entrees, or the individuals that yearn to unravel from work by being fed food bursting with zest and flavor.
If you decide on visiting there, I suggest you should have these must-trys:
Maison de Bonbon Cafe and Restaurant
Burger Américaine. U.S beef burger patty on a sesame bun with crisped bacon slices, sautéed Shiitake mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, melted gruyere cheese & fresh green lettuce. Served with seasoned salt French fries.
Giuseppe Pizzeria & Sicilian Roast
Salsiccia Siciliana. Pizza with tomato, mozzarella, mushrooms and Sicilian sausages.
Quattro Formaggi. Pizza with four Italian cheeses.
And the other one I forgot to take photo on was Calzone. It is a folded pizza with spinach, ham, sausage, mushrooms, bell pepper, and black olives.
For those who want to try the Best of CDO Food Tour (which I really encourage you to do this fiesta season), they conduct it every Saturday! Plus, you can avail it at fiesta promo rate of 999.00Php ONLY! Just register at http://bit.ly/cdofoodtour or call 0917 632 3007 for your #BestOfCDO inquiries.
See, I completed the entire food tour. Daghang Salamat Bigby’s Food!
Photo source: proudkagayanon.com
As you all could see. I have changed my blog title from Somewhere Beautiful to Her Life in Style.
Well, starting last month I decided to be active to the blogosphere. I just thank God that most blogging events come after office or during weekend for it to not interrupt with my important Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm workload. It is just something that I look forward to though. The same feeling to what I had even during the very first blog post I made, blogging has been a source of comfort, my de-stressing zone and a venue for me to isolate myself from this busy world where I always put up with situations and anxiously beat deadlines.
SnR Soft-opening and Site Tour
I covered a number of events every month together with CDO Bloggers and office mates and at times, travel with my friends and colleagues which thankfully I saw as a venue to fill up my space here at the internet. Being with handful of people I share interests with made me come up with niche that I particularly should focus to, in order for this blog to be organized. I decided to attend to Lifestyle primarily and Travel secondary, in which I could just insert Community and Culture within the post. If opportunities permit, other subjects might be included.
So, why Her Life in Style? You might initially thought that I am one particular to Fashion now (Though I could tackle on that some time if I am confident enough). Life was never plain. It might be when you are stuck on your laptop screen inside your room for hours, analyze your Algebra or Logic assignment every day of your life, or just work and work and work over mountains of paper works. These tasks, though it surely fill your bank accounts or help you in your grades, are surely draining. There is so much in the city you live in. Believe me when I say tasting a signature coffee of a coffee shop or tasting a slice of cake somewhere in your place will relax your day. There’s nothing bad in shifting activities a little bit in just an hour or two.
(c) Pete’s Patriots Gastro Pub
Pane e Dolci
Greenwich – SM Cagayan de Oro
So what my blog suggests are places to visit, activities to do, something to see as reward for yourself or just simple stories to keep you inspired and going. Life could be a little twisted, out of tune, or a kind of hanging but keeping it at the line, with color and in style is important.
The Nest CDO
Maison de Bon Bon
Duka Bay Resort
So friends, be with me somewhere beautiful, I am gonna telling you a story something good – welcome to this space where I blog about my Life in Style.
I know, especially you Kagay-anons, learned about what is new in this big city today. Well, to those busy bees, let me inform you that the famous S & R Membership Shopping is already here in Cagayan de Oro!
Standing big and tall at Kauswagan Hi-way, S & R Membership Shopping reintroduced the best things about warehouse shopping, a practice typical to other countries like US. It is so fortunate that I was invited to a site tour and press conference before the grand launch yesterday. So let me share what I love about S & R Membership Shopping.
1. The idea of membership. Being a member means that you belong! Might be in a family, circle of friends, or thesis group. It’s just that here at S & R, it is defined as a club which membership means low prices for goods and items available in the store! It is truly wonderful to know that clients are well identified and have been given the chance to enjoy what they have enrolled to. In the press con, its VP for Operations, Mr. Greg Keyer, said that the shopping center ultimately gives utmost value to its members.
2. Membership Card. Precious ticket upon entering is of course, the S & R Membership Card. There are 2 kinds of cards, the business membership and gold membership, which cost 900.00 and 700.00, respectively. What’s more in this card is you can bring three of your friends and you all enjoy the card’s benefits.
3. Fresh products and imported goods. There are certainly a lot of imported goods and items that you will find inside. When we went there, one of my friends said that most pasalubong items that her relative abroad has sent them are available in the store. Exciting, isn’t it? It feels like you’re entering a foreign-country store and just bring home groceries like pasalubong from a foreign land. Plus, they offer fresh products, like meat and veges! And oh, they have salads packed in a microwavable containers ready to be mixed.
4. New York Style Pizza. Attention pizzaholics! I have tried their pizza and I find myself eager to come back in the place. Big portion of the place is all about pizza (and food of other kinds too!). I say, this is one major reason why I have to use my membership card again and again. Aside from that, they also have this giant muffins with a lot of chocolates in it. Nomnomnom!
5. Instagrammable white wall. See that picture of me above? Well social media savvy will surely love its interiors. There is a clean white wall all around it, and I find ventilation really good.
6. Friendly and accommodating staff. S & R surely made an extensive training to their crew, and you will find each one smiling at you and waiting to be called for assistance. This is one of the things I am observant about as a costumer, because their kind of people reflects how the management handled the store and I am certain that S & R is an outstanding compliant of this.
CDO Bloggers with Mr. Greg Keyer, VP for Operations of S & R Membership Shopping.. Photo from aroundcdo.com.
Note: Store photos supplied by S & R Cagayan de Oro.
Unilever Food Solutions (UFS) held its globally successful Chefmanship Academy here in the City of Golden Friendship last July 21, 2016 with the goal of spreading the mark of true chefmanship.
During the past years, the Philippine food industry has shown remarkable growth which is an appropriate time for UFS to support the various chefs all over the country who are being challenged by the increased competition in the market.
The Chefmanship Academy was first started last 2009 by UFS Germany to help restaurateurs and chefs to improve their businesses through a series of workshops and seminars. The training modules made for the workshop focused on Menu Planning, Counting Costs, Food Plating and Presentation, and Banqueting led by Executive Chef Joanne Limoanco-Gendrano, her Sous-Chef Carlos Aluning and their team. Through the session, the chefs shared important food trends, insights and learnings about running a food business.
For the last part of the workshop, there was a cooking competition called Elite Chef Challenge wherein chefs from different restaurants and hotels within the province were tasked to prepare their best noodle-based dish using the ingredients provided by UFS in a span of 45 minutes. From the 15 chefs who joined, the champion of the said competition was Chef Benjie from Limketkai Luxe Hotel. He prepared a delicious Thai-style seafood noodle soup that the judges loved. According to them, they chose his dish because it was “very well thought out and well prepared”.
The dish is called, Glass Noodles Seafood with Tofu in Coconut Milk Kaffir Lime Soup. The ingredients of which are the following: Glass Noodles (Sotanghon), Shrimp, Fish Cake, Kani Stick, Tofu, Coconut Milk, Kaffir Lime Leaves, Lemon Grass, Knorr Napoli, Knorr Shrimp Powder, Knorr Chicken Broth, Knorr Lime Powder, Fish Sauce, Fresh Shitake Mushroom, Cherry Tomato, Fried Shallots, Ginger, White Onion, Garlic and Chili.
Limketkai Luxe’s General Manager Jerome F. De La Fuente, for his part commends Chef Benjie’s effort in creating dishes that do not just excites the palates but a dish that is poured with hardwork.
Chef Benjie’s Glass Noodles Seafood with Tofu in Coconut Milk Kaffier Lime Soup will also be a featured dish at Kave Restaurant.